Let’s talk about: consultations!
This is actually the most important part of your service and typically is the culprit when something isn’t quite right with your hair.
There are many types of clients out there:
Those who just tell us to do “our thing” and those who specific things they like or don’t like.
Pictures are a great tool, however, we cannot just copy and paste the photo onto your head. When bringing a photo for your service its important to be able to identify a few key things.
- Tones. What tones do you like in the hair? Cool, warm, neutral, both?
- Dimension. The range of colors in your hair. One color hair tends to be flat so adding multiple tones into the hair creates dimension.
- Contrast. How much contrast? Contrast between light and dark colors can allow for pops of brightness when next to deeper hues.
- Maintenance. How often can you return to the salon for upkeep?
- Budget. How much can you spend to maintain your hair?
- Be specific. Saying ” a couple inches” can vary between what stylist you tell that too! If you want you’re hair to just graze the shoulders, then SHOW us.
Miscommunication is where things go wrong. Don’t be afraid to speak up! When something isn’t right after the service, tell us! We’re not angry, I promise. Sometimes being able to express what you don’t like, helps us more than telling us what you do like. We’ll always be happy to fix anything, we just need to know what it is.
It’s a two-way relationship and if you wan’t great hair never be afraid to communicate likes and dislikes to us. We try our best to absorb all of the information you give us and come up with a game plan that fits through all of the parameters you’ve given us.
We love to answer questions, so feel free to ask!